**Story 2 ---The Black Cat AUDIO file :
***Story 3 & 4 --- The Masque of the Red Death + William Wilson
31. min ( 14 min + 17 min )
Are you a teacher? a student? Want to share your ideas with other teachers? (students) Make your problems heard ? Well, here is a room for you. Join this Forum and and communicate your experience.
EXERCISES AND VOCABULARY
|Unit 1 - Hello|
|Numbers||Days of the week||Months 1|
|Articles : a / an 1||Articles : a / an 2||Months 2|
|Months of the year|
|Unit 2- School|
|Classroom objects||Classroom stuff||School subjects|
|Countries||English speaking Countries||countries,nationalties, languages|
|Countries,nationalities,languages||Nationalities & languages||Nationalities|
|Nationalities ( Chart)|
|Unit 3- School|
| Family 1
|| Man or Woman ?
|| His or he's?
|| Verbs: Present Simple
|| Present Simple: Negative
|| Possessive 'S'
|Occupation:What's my job?||Possessive Adjectives|
|Unit 4- School|
| Food 1 (scrambled)
|| Vegetables 1 (Types)
|| Vegetables 2 (crooswords)
|Food 3 (crosswords)
|| Vegetables 3 (scrambled)
| Fruits 1 (crosswords)
| Fruits 2 (Scrambled)
خاص بتلاميذ الباكلوريا
For Baccalaureate Students
Check your English with British Council
- Present Simple1.doc
- Simple Past.doc
- The Structure of Passive Tenses.doc
- Prepositions of Time.doc
- Little ,a little /few ,a few.doc
- Some and Any.doc
- Mixed Conditionals (Quotations A ).doc
- Mixed Conditionals (Quotations B ).doc
- Mixed Conditionals (Quotations C ).doc
- Mixed Models.doc
- Models ( needn't /mustn't ).doc
- Mixed Tenses.doc
- Past Simple or Past Perfect.doc
- Gerund or Infinitive.doc
Tenses For Baccalaureate Students
THE PROPHET MOHAMMAD
For those who are interested in knowing our beloved Prophet Mahammad , here is a multi-language biography. It will undoubtedly clarify why so many people around the world admire him and ready to die for his sake.
PROVERBS AND IDIOMS
- Between the devil and the deep sea :To choose between two equally bad alternatives in a serious dilemma.
- Where there's a will there's a way : When a person really wants to do something, he will find a way of doing it.
- A burnt child dreads fire : A bad experience or a horrifying incident may scar one's attitude or thinking for a lifetime.
- First come, first served : The first in line will be attended to first.
- A friend in need is a friend indeed : A friend who helps when one is in trouble is a real friend.
- Discretion is the better part of valor :
If you say discretion is the better part of valor, you mean that avoiding a dangerous or unpleasant situation is sometimes the most sensible thing to do.
- A hungry man is an angry man : A person who does not get what he wants or needs is a frustrated person and will be easily provoked to rage.
- Empty vessels make the most noise : Those people who have a little knowledge usually talk the most and make the greatest fuss.
- A man is as old as he feels : A person's age is immaterial - it is only when he thinks and feels that he is ageing that he actually becomes old.
- Great talkers are little doers : Those people who talk a lot and are always teaching others usually do not do much work. An idle brain is the devil's workshop One who has nothing to do will be tempted to do many mischievous acts.
- An ounce of discretion is worth a pound of wit : It is better to be careful and discrete than to be clever. Faint heart never won fair lady To succeed in life one must have the courage to pursue what he wants.
- A penny saved is a penny gained : By being thrifty one will be able to save up.
- A rolling stone gathers no moss : A person who never settles in one place or who often changes his job will not succeed in life ; one who is always changing his mind will never get anything done.
- As you sow, so you shall reap : One will either enjoy or suffer the consequences of his earlier actions or inactions.
- Barking dogs seldom bite : Those who make loud threats seldom carry them out. Better late than never To do something that is right, profitable, or good a little late is still better than not doing it at all.
- A bird in hand is worth two in the bush : Something that one already has is better than going after something seemingly more worthwhile that one may not be able to get.
- Birds of a feather flock together : People of the same sort of character or belief always go together.
- Call a spade a spade : If you say that someone calls a spade a spade, you mean that they speak frankly and directly, often about embarrassing or unpleasant subjects; an informal expression.
- Charity begins at home : A person's first obligation should be to help the member of his own family before he can begin thinking of talking about helping others.
- Dead men tell no lies ( often used as an argument for killing someone whose knowledge of a secret may cause one loss or get into serious trouble.)
- A great talker is a great liar : A smooth and persuasive talker may be a good liar.
- Every cloud has a silver lining : If you say that every cloud has a silver lining, you mean that every sad or unpleasant situation has a positive side to it. If you talk about silver lining you are talking about something positive that comes out of a sad or unpleasant situation.
- All that glitters is not gold : Do not be deceived by things or offers that appear to be attractive.
- Eat to live, but do not live to eat : Man was created for a divine purpose and he has a destiny with his Creator - he was not born just to enjoy food.
- Don't put all your eggs in one basket : One should not risk everything he has in a single venture.
- Every dog has its day : Everyone will get a period of success or satisfaction during his lifetime.
- Every one can find fault, few can do better : It is easier to find fault in other people's actions or methods than to do it properly or correctly.
- Any time means no time : When an event is not decided on or planned earlier it will never take place.
- Fair exchange is no robbery :A contract is fair as long as both the parties understand and agree to the conditions willingly; after a deal is closed neither side can turn around and say that he was unfairly treated.
- Fire is a good servant but a bad master : Fire, like any other manmade tool or device, will serve man well only when it is controlled and used wisely.
SONGS : LISTEN & READ
Listen and Read
to the best songs ever produced
- Father and Son by Cat Stevens Lyrics
- Call it a Loan by Jackson Browne Lyrics
- Every Beat of My Heart by Rod Stewart Lyrics
- The boxer by Paul Simon Lyrics
- I will Follow You by Modern TalkingI Lyrics
- Looking For an Angel by Laura Pausini Lyrics on line!
- One More Night by Phil Collins Lyrics on line!
- The Boxer by Paul Simon
- The Power of Goodbye by Madonna
- Us by Celine Dion Lyrics
- What Can I do by The Corrs
- When You Believe by Mariah Carey & Whitney Houston
By Singer ( Lyrics are still in process)
- All Saints : Under The Bridge.
- Andrea_Bocelli : Can't Help Falling in Love (live at lake las vegas) (2006)
- Bobby Mcferrin : Don't Worry, Be Happy
- Chris de Burgh : The Lady In Red
- Elton John : Blue Eyes
- Elton John : Sacrifice
- Gavin DeGraw : I Don't Want To be
- Iggy Pop : The Passenger
- Lynn Anderson : Rose Garden
- Otis Redding : The Dock of The Bay
- Queen : Killer Queen
- Queen : We will rock you
- Red Hot Chilli Peppers : Dani California (2006)
- Scorpions : Wind Of Change
- The Corrs : Heart Like a Wheel
- The Corrs : My Lagan Love
- Whitney Houston : All The Man I Need
A guy says to his friend, "Guess how many coins I have in my pocket." The friends says, "If I guess right, will you give me one of them?" The first guys says, "If you guess right, I'll give you both of them!" Submitted by: Matty
A HOUND started a Hare from his lair, but after a long run, gave up the chase. A goat-herd seeing him stop, mocked him, saying "The little one is the best runner of the two." The Hound replied, "You do not see the difference between us: I was only running for a dinner, but he for his life." Aesop's Fable
The 3 First Years of Marriage• In the first year of marriage, the man speaks and the woman listens.• In the second year, the woman speaks and the man listens.• In the third year, they both speak and the neighbors listen.
Teacher: How can we get some clean water? Student: Bring the water from the river and wash it. Submitted by: Zeinab Eltayb
A: Doctor, will I be able to play the piano after the operation? B: Yes, of course. A: Great! I never could before! Submitted by: Fred
Teacher: Today, we're going to talk about the tenses. Now, if I say "I am beautiful," which tense is it? Student: Obviously it is the past tense. Submitted by: Abu Jouri
As a senior citizen was driving down the freeway, his car phone rang. Answering, he heard his wife's voice urgently warning him, "Herman, I just heard on the news that there's a car going the wrong way on 280. Please be careful!" "Well," said Herman, "It's not just one car. It's hundreds of them!"
If your dog was barking at the back door and your wife was knocking on the front door, who would you let in first? The dog, because at least he would shut up once he was in.
Doctor! I have a serious problem, I can never remember what i just said. When did you first notice this problem? What problem? (Scott)
An English teacher asked her class to write an essay on what they'd do if they had a million dollars. Alec handed in a blank sheet of paper. "Alex!" yelled the teacher, "you've done nothing. Why?" "Because if I had a million dollars, that's exactly what I would do!